Evolutionary Game Theory
Letters in Journals
- S. Balietti, R. L. Goldstone, and D. Helbing (2016). Peer review and competition in the Art Exhibition Game. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences: 201603723.
- D. Helbing and W. Yu (2010) The future of social experimenting. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA (PNAS) 107(12), 5265-5266: click here for more detailed discussion.
- D. Helbing and W. Yu (2009) The outbreak of cooperation among success-driven individuals under noisy conditions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA (PNAS) 106(8), 3680-3685.
Articles in Journals
- M. Perc, K. Donnay and D. Helbing (2013) Understanding recurrent crime as system-immanent collective behavior. PLOS ONE 8(10), e76063.
- D. Helbing and A. Johansson (2010) Cooperation, norms, and revolutions: A unified game-theoretical approach. PLoS ONE 5(10), e12530.
- T. Chadefaux and D. Helbing (2010) How wealth accumulation can promote cooperation. PLoS ONE 5(10), e13471.
- D. Helbing, A. Szolnoki, M. Perc, and G. Szabó (2010) Punish, but not too hard: how costly punishment spreads in the spatial public goods game. New J. Phys. 12, 083005.
- D. Helbing, A. Szolnoki, M. Perc, and G. Szabó (2010) Defector-accelerated cooperativeness and punishment in public goods games with mutations. Physical Review E 81(5), 057104.
- D. Helbing, A. Szolnoki, M. Perc, and G. Szabó (2010) Evolutionary establishment of moral and double moral standards through spatial interactions. PLoS Computational Biology 6(4), e1000758.
- D. Helbing and S. Lozano (2010) Phase transitions to cooperation in the prisoner's dilemma. Physical Review E 81(5), 057102.
- D. Helbing and A. Johansson (2010) Evolutionary dynamics of populations with conflicting interactions: Classification and analytical treatment considering asymmetry and power. Physical Review E 81, 016112.
- D. Helbing (2009) Pattern formation, social forces, and diffusion instability in games with success-driven motion European Physical Journal B 67, 345–356.
- D. Helbing and W. Yu (2008) Migration as a mechanism to promote cooperation. Advances in Complex Systems 11(4), 641-652.
- D. Helbing, M. Schönhof, H.-U. Stark, and J. A. Holyst (2005) How individuals learn to take turns: Emergence of alternating cooperation in a congestion game and the prisoner's dilemma. Advances in Complex Systems 8, 87-116.
- D. Helbing, M. Schönhof, and D. Kern (2002) Volatile decision dynamics: Experiments, stochastic description, intermittency control, and traffic optimization. New Journal of Physics 4, 33.1-33.16.
- D. Helbing and T. Platkowski (2000) Self-organization in space and induced by fluctuations. International Journal of Chaos Theory and Applications 5(4), 47-62.
- D. Helbing (1996) A stochastic behavioral model and a `microscopic' foundation of evolutionary game theory. Theory and Decision 40, 149-179.
- D. Helbing (2004) Dynamic decision behavior and optimal guidance through information services: Models and experiments. Pages 47-95 in: M. Schreckenberg and R. Selten (eds.) Human Behaviour and Traffic Networks (Springer, Berlin).
Invited Contributions to Books
- W. Yu and D. Helbing (2010) Game theoretical interactions of moving agents. Pages 219-239 in: A. G. Hoekstra, Jiří Kroc, and P. M.A. Sloot (eds.) Simulating Complex Systems by Cellular Automata (Springer, Berlin).
- D. Helbing (1998) Microscopic foundation of stochastic game dynamical equations. Pages 211-224 in: W. Leinfellner and E. Köhler (eds.) Game Theory, Experience, Rationality (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht).
- D. Helbing (1992) A mathematical model for behavioral changes by pair interactions. Pages 330-348 in: G. Haag, U. Mueller, and K. G. Troitzsch (eds.) Economic Evolution and Demographic Change. Formal Models in Social Sciences (Springer, Berlin).