Letters in Journals
- D. Brockmann and D. Helbing (2013) The hidden geometry of complex, network-driven contagion phenomena. Science 342(6164), 1337–1342.
- D. Helbing (2013) Globally networked risks and how to respond. Nature 497, 51–59.
- I. Simonsen, L. Buzna, K. Peters, S. Bornholdt, and D. Helbing (2008) Transient dynamics increasing network vulnerability to cascading failures. Physical Review Letters 100(21), 1-4.
Articles in Journals
- L. Böttcher, O. Woolley-Meza, E. Goles, D. Helbing, and H. J. Herrmann (2016) Connectivity disruption sparks explosive epidemic spreading. Physical Review E 93: 042315.
- T. Kuhn, M. Perc, and D. Helbing (2014) Inheritance patterns in citation networks reveal scientific memes. Physical Review X 4, 041036.
- C. Schulz, A. Mazloumian, A. M. Petersen, O. Penner, and D. Helbing (2014) Exploiting citation networks for large-scale author name disambiguation. EPJ Data Science 2014, 3(11).
- R. Carvalho, L. Buzna, F. Bono, M. Masera, D. K. Arrowsmith, and D. Helbing (2014) Resilience of natural gas networks during conflicts, crises and disruptions. PLOS ONE, 9(3), e90265.
- R. Sipahi, S. Lämmer, D. Helbing, and S.-I. Niculescu (2009) On stability problems of supply networks constrained with transport delay. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control 131, 021005-1.
- L. Buzna, L. Issacharoff, and D. Helbing (2009) The evolution of the topology of high-voltage. Int. J. Critical Infrastructures 5(1/2), 72-85.
- L. Buzna, K. Peters, H. Ammoser, C. Kühnert, and D. Helbing (2007) Efficient response to cascading disaster spreading. Physical Review E 75, 056107.
- D. Helbing, J. Siegmeier, and S. Lämmer (2007) Self-organized network flows. Networks and Heterogeneous Media 2(2), 193-210.
- D. Helbing, H. Ammoser, and C. Kühnert (2006) Information flows in hierarchical networks and the capability of organizations to successfully respond to failures, crises, and disasters. Physica A 363, 141-150.
- C. Kühnert, D. Helbing, and G. B. West (2006) Scaling laws in urban supply networks. Physica A 363, 96-103.
- L. Buzna, K. Peters, and D. Helbing (2006) Modelling the dynamics of disaster spreading in networks. Physica A 363, 132-140.
- R. Jiang, D. Helbing, P. K. Shukla, and Q.-S. Wu (2006) Inefficient emergent oscillations in intersecting driven many-particle flows. Physica A 368, 567-574.
- M. Schönhof, A. Kesting, M. Treiber, and D. Helbing (2006) Coupled vehicle and information flows: Message transport on a dynamic vehicle network. Physica A 363, 73-81.
- S. Lämmer, H. Kori, K. Peters, and D. Helbing (2006) Decentralised control of material or traffic flows in networks using phase-synchronisation. Physica A 363, 39-47.
- S. Lämmer, B. Gehlsen, and D. Helbing (2006) Scaling laws in the spatial structure of urban road networks. Physica A 363, 89-95.
- D. Helbing, S. Lämmer, and J.-P. Lebacque (2005) Self-organized control of irregular or perturbed network traffic. Pages 239-274 in: C. Deissenberg and R. F. Hartl (eds.) Optimal Control and Dynamic Games (Springer, Dordrecht).
- D. Helbing (2005) Production, supply, and traffic systems: A unified description. Pages 173-188 in: S. P. Hoogendoorn, S. Luding, P. H. L. Bovy, M. Schreckenberg, and D. E. Wolf (eds.) Traffic and Granular Flow '03 (Springer, Berlin).
- D. Helbing and S. Lämmer (2005) Supply and production networks: From the bullwhip effect to business cycles. Page 33-66 in: D. Armbruster, A. S. Mikhailov, and K. Kaneko (eds.) Networks of Interacting Machines: Production Organization in Complex Industrial Systems and Biological Cells (World Scientific, Singapore).
- D. Helbing, U. Witt, S. Lämmer, and T. Brenner (2004) Network-induced oscillatory behavior in material flow networks and irregular business cycles. Physical Review E 70, 056118.
- D. Helbing, S. Lämmer, T. Seidel, P. Seba, and T. Platkowski (2004) Physics, stability and dynamics of supply networks. Physical Review E 70, 066116.
- D. Helbing and C. Kühnert (2003) Assessing interaction networks with applications to catastrophe dynamics and disaster management. Physica A 328, 584-606.
Books, Theses, Proceedings, and Special Issues
- L. Ambrosio, A. Bressan, D. Helbing, A. Klar and E. Zuazua (2013) Modelling and Optimisation of Flows on Networks. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- D. Helbing, J. Jost, and H. Kantz (2008) Networks and Complexity. Networks and Heterogeneous Media (NHM) 3(2), 185-411.
- D. Helbing, D. Armbruster, A. Mikhailov, and E. Lefeber, eds. (2006) Information and Material Flows in Complex Networks. Physica A 363(1), 1-160.
Invited Contributions to Books
- V. Rosato, I. Simonsen, S. Meloni, L. Issacharoff, K. Peters, N.v. Festenberg, and D. Helbing (2008) A complex systems view of critical infrastructures. Pages 241-262 in: D. Helbing (ed.) Managing Complexity: Insights, Concepts, Applications (Springer, Berlin).
- L. Issacharoff, S. Lämmer, V. Rosato, and D. Helbing (2008) Critical infrastructures vulnerability: The highway networks. Pages 201-218 in: D. Helbing (ed.) Managing Complexity: Insights, Concepts, Applications (Springer, Berlin).
- D. Helbing, T. Seidel, S. Lämmer, and K. Peters (2006) Self-organization principles in supply networks and production systems. Pages 535-558 in: B. K. Chakrabarti, A.Chakraborti, and A. Chatterjee (eds.) Econophysics and Sociophysics - Trends and Perspectives (Wiley, Weinheim).
- D. Helbing, H. Ammoser, and C. Kühnert (2005) Disasters as extreme events and the importance of network interactions for disaster response management. Pages 319-348. in: S. Albeverio, V. Jentsch, and H. Kantz (eds.) Extreme Events in Nature and Society (Springer, Berlin).
Contributions to Conference Proceedings
- R. Sipahi, S. Lämmer, S. Niculescu, and D. Helbing (2006) On stability analysis and parametric design of supply networks under the presence of transportation delays. ASME'06 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (Chicago).
- D. Helbing and S. Lämmer (2007) Method for coordination of concurrent competing processes for control of the transport of mobile units within a network (WO/2006/122528).